Promoting historic links between Oxford Brookes University and the Methodist Church through archives, artworks, publications and research.
On 30 March, Professor William Gibson, Director of the Oxford Centre for Methodism and Church History, was elected as a fellow of the Society of Antiquaries of London. The Society was founded in 1707 and granted a royal charter in 1751. It is dedicated to the advancement of the study of history and antiquities. Fellows are distinguished scholars and practitioners in their fields and elected after a rigorous nomination and election process. There are 3,000 FSAs in the UK and across the world. The Society of Antiquaries is based in Burlington House in Piccadilly and also owns and manages Kelmscott Manor in Oxfordshire, the home of William Morris.
More information on the Society of Antiquaries can be found at: https://www.sal.org.uk/